WHAT IS OPERATIONAL MONITORING?
During operation, some large-scale facilities which are covered by Environmental Permits or IPPC permits would require regular monitoring of discharges/emissions to the environment, including noise, air quality, discharges to land, etc. The monitors also recommend feasible measures that should be implemented by the contractor to mitigate any severe impacts.
WHERE DOES AIS COME IN?
AIS Environment will handle all operational monitoring requirements.
Various types of monitoring:
- Environmental management of site
- Air quality, incl. chemical analyses, stack emissions monitoring, VOC emissions monitoring and dispersion modelling
- Dust emissions
- Noise pollution
- Water quality, incl. chemical analyses
- Land and groundwater quality, incl. chemical analyses
- Marine ecology, incl. ROV surveys, SCUBA surveys, sample collection, etc.
- Terrestrial ecology, incl. tree surveys
- Specialised monitoring: AIS has extensive equipment and facilities which enable us to carry out all monitoring requirements, tailored to suit our clients’ needs.
Preparation of an Operational Monitoring Programme (OMP): AIS will prepare the methodology for the monitoring to be undertaken by the monitoring team. This outlines the environmental aspects which will be monitored, the monitoring frequency, and the reporting frequency. The methodology is presented in the form of an OMP and submitted to Environment and Resources Authority (ERA) for approval.
Monitoring Team: AIS will appoint a qualified monitoring team which is submitted to ERA for approval
Carrying out of the operational monitoring: The monitoring team will carry out the monitoring as required by the OMP. Any issues which are noted on site will be discussed with the client. AIS will also handle communication with ERA.
Preparation of the Environmental report: The monitoring team will prepare reports to be submitted to the ERA as required.
HAVE ANY PROJECTS IN MIND?